MANDARIN LANGUAGE PROGRAM
The Burnaby Board of Education is committed to providing students with new and exciting programs. The Mandarin Language Program is an enriching and rewarding opportunity for students to celebrate and appreciate an additional language and culture.
Details regarding this program include:
- Optional for families with children commencing Kindergarten, Grades 1, 2 and 3 in September 2013
- The program is located at Forest Grove Elementary School
- Students will study the regular core curriculum in English as prescribed by the Ministry of Education
- A component of the Language Arts curriculum will be delivered in Mandarin
- The program is designed for students who have strong English language skills
The program will develop:
- Mandarin oral communication skills
- Reading and writing skills (Chinese simplified language)
- An understanding of and appreciation for Mandarin Chinese culture
A District Language Application form must be completed and submitted by February 28th. Application forms are located on the District website or available at all Burnaby Elementary Schools.